Fishing rods guide for beginners
The choices of rods, reels and fishing tackle can be overwhelming when you do not know much about the subject, especially if you are a beginner.
A fishing rod can work very well to fish on a boat, this one, will not have the same performance to fish on the shore.Another factor is the species in question, the technique, and the fishing process.For example, fishing a bass or bass from the shore requires equipment that is different from the one you would use when fishing for bass on a boat.Is the fishing rod for a child? Yes? Then, read the following article: Fishing Rods for Children, How to Choose the Right One?
I will try to go into detail, but in the simplest way, about the criteria when you select a fishing rod.This article is of an educational nature and will serve as a guide when you go to your favorite fishing store either physically or online.In addition, with this guide, you will be able to converse with property with your captain/guide, who has more experience and knowledge about the local conditions, species and what type of gear and equipment works best.Components of the Fishing Rod
1. Reed or rod (blank), is the tube. There are countless materials for its manufacture; however, the most popular are bamboo, graphite, and fiberglass.
• Bamboo, reeds made of bamboo have been used for many centuries. Still today you can find reeds made of re-mixed bamboo.
• Fiberglass: modern fishing rods were originally built with fiberglass. It is a very popular material in certain fishing modalities.
• Graphite: light and resistant. A material used by many fishermen, its popularization has been slow due to its electrical conductivity
Guides or rings
these are the rings that are attached to the rod, are typically made of aluminum or titanium, some ceramic or chromed metal coatings to reduce the friction of the line (rope), distribute the pressure and protect the ring the abrasion The highest quality rods have guides with roller which facilitates the sliding of the line when the big fish attack. The value of a fishing rod can be increased considerably by the quality of its guides, a single guide with silicon carbide coating can cost up to 30 dollars. In spite of this, some good guides will assure you many hours of fishing and better launches, even when the heat attacks.
It should be noted that a rod with more guides is better, ensures more distant launches and greater resistance to the fight with the fish
It is the guide located at the upper end or tip of the rod.
or handle is where the fisherman holds the fishing rod with his hand. The handles of the general purpose rods are usually made of synthetic foam, some casting rods and fly fishing are manufactured with cork handle. A good quality handle will make you feel the light touch of a large fish when it investigates your lure or bait. Usually, a more expensive rod has a better grip.
The reel holder for a conventional casting rod usually comes with a trigger and a compact seat to hold the reel. The reel or fishing rod in fishing rods for heavy and heavy fighting in the high seas is fastened to the seat with bolts and screws. In the Guide to Choose a Fishing Reel article, you can find information to complement your knowledge.
Knob or cylinder head
It is the base of the fishing rod, also called the stock. It provides the necessary resistance to deal with big fish. Some fishing rods for tall fishing come with a removable knob to adjust it to the fishing harness.
Freshwater or saltwater
A fishing rod can be used in fresh or salt water; however, we must choose a fishing rod that is designed to withstand corrosion (like the guides and the tip). That is why a fishing rod designed for the sea will be more expensive.
It is the flexibility of the rod, that is, how much can be bent when pressure is applied to the toe.
- Fast action. A fast-acting rod will bend the upper third (or less). Ideal for fishing species such as the sergeant (peacock or tucunaré) and bass, where you need more sensitivity and power to hook the hook.
- 2. Moderate action. A moderate-action fishing rod will bend the upper half of the rod; These rods have good sensitivity and are ideal for casting sessions that require more throwing distance.
- 3. Slow action The slow-acting canes bend almost in the total length of the cane, for that reason they are also called parabolic.
The action of a Fishing Rod. Fast, Medium (moderate), Slow
It is important to note that the action of the rod will depend a lot on the type of fishing, the moderate or average action of a fly fishing rod is different from that of a casting rod. The lure that is used is a determining factor when selecting the fishing rod.
The resistance of a fishing rod is determined by the resistance range of the lines. These can range from ultra light (2 pounds) to ultra heavy (130 pounds).
Since the resistance of the fishing rod is determined by the resistance of the line, it is not advisable to place heavy lines on light resistance rods or vice versa as they can damage it.
A fishing rod for species such as the bass or the sergeant (freshwater) of light resistance is not equal to the light resistance of a fishing rod for tall fishing.